- When was the last time you traveled?
- How does your family celebrate a special day?
- mark /mahrk/
- exhausted /ig-ZAWS-tid/
- leisure /LEE-zher/
- mount /mount/
- contemplate /KON-tuhm-pleyt/
[verb] – to show respect for or commemorate
Tomorrow’s party will mark their 25th wedding anniversary.
[adjective] – extremely tired
By the time they reached the location they were already exhausted.
[adjective] – relating to the the time when you are free from work or other duties and can relax
Most people only have a little amount of leisure time.
[verb] – to gradually increase, rise, or get bigger
Tension was mounting as the time went by.
[verb] – to spend time considering a possible future action, or to consider one particular thing for a long time in a serious and quiet way
They were contemplating a move to California.
Many exhausted Americans wanted to spend their leisure time with their family and friends for Thanksgiving. However, they had encountered another risk as they thought of declining travel plans at the last minute or continuing as COVID-19 cases mounted. Gail Duilio, an ex-public health nurse in Portland, Oregon, had contemplated not flying to Minnesota for the holiday and her mother’s 93rd birthday. She said that, when she was making the arrangements several weeks ago, she felt the threat vs. advantages weighed on the side of going.
- Who is Gail Duilio?
- How many people were screened at US airport security checkpoints?
- Where did Gail Duilio plan to go before cancelling her plan?
- What did the Americans encounter when they were contemplating traveling over the holiday week?
- What was the direction provided by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention?
- Would you listen to the direction provided by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Gail Duilio declined her plan going to Minnesota?
- Is this situation happening in your country right now? Please explain it further.
- What do you think about this situation?
- Do you have any plans on your vacation? Tell me about it.