- Have you seen a blue whale?
- What endangered animals do you know?
- badly /BAD-lee/
- hunting /HUHN-ting/
- decrease /dih-KREES/
- continue /kuhn-TIN-yoo /
- start /stahrt /
[adverb] – in a severe and harmful way
Her boss treated her badly.
[noun] – chasing and killing an animal or bird for food, sport, or profit
Hunting wild animals for fun should stop.
[verb] – to become less, or to make something become less
The couple’s share in the stock market has decreased this year.
[verb] – to keep happening, existing, or doing something, or to cause something or someone to do this
They continued on their way after a quick stop on the restaurant.
[noun] – the beginning of something
It was a good start.
True or False:
- The blue whales have returned to South Africa after 5 decades.
- Whaling stopped in the 1960s.
- Over 42,000 whale huntings happened.
- Scientists hope that increased numbers of blue whales are signs that the research can help to the good management of the area.
- Because of whaling before, blue whales were once thought to never return to South Georgia again.
Fill in the blanks:
- When is the _______ of your new school year?
- ________ is already banned in South Georgia.
- We will ________ to use this method because it is still effective.
- The number of test takers this year has _________.
- The customer was ________ treated.