- Do you like going shopping?
- How often do you go shopping?
- marketplace /MAHR-kit-pleys/
- strict /strikt/
- route /root/
- offer /AW-fer/
- jewelry /JOOL-ree/
[noun] – a small outside area in a town where there is a market
Mina and I will go to the marketplace this weekend.
[adjective] – limiting people’s freedom to behave as they wish beyond what is usual
My parents are strict. They won’t let me go out with my friends without their permission.
[noun] – a fixed path for regularly moving or delivering people or things
Is there a better route to reach the train station faster?
[verb] – to provide or supply something
The bookstore also offers secondhand books for cheaper prices.
[noun] – decorative objects worn on your clothes or body that are usually made from valuable metals, such as gold and silver, and precious stones
I’ll give my mother jewelry as her birthday present.
True or False:
- El Rastro was closed for more than 8 months.
- El Rastro is open on Sundays and public holidays.
- Only 2,000 visitors at a time are allowed in the marketplace.
- The marketplace does not offer many items.
- El Rastro opened on November 23rd.
Fill in the blanks:
- The discount _____ is available for a limited period only.
- Our school has _____ regulations when it comes to boys’ haircuts.
- Let’s meet at the _____ near the fountain.
- My grandmother used to wear a lot of _____.
- People are advised to take a different _____.