- Do you like going to museums?
- Are you interested in history?
- discover /dih-SKUHV-er/
- antler /ANT-ler/
- leather /LETH-er/
- climate /KLAHY-mit/
- ancient /EYN-shuhnt/
[verb] – to find information, a place, or an object, especially for the first time
Christopher Columbus discovered America.
[noun] – a horn with parts like branches that grows on the head of a deer
Did you know that deer shed their antlers every year?
[adjective] – animal skin that has been treated in order to preserve it and is used to make shoes, bags, clothes, equipment, etc.
I don’t really prefer leather bags.
[noun] – the general weather conditions usually found in a particular place
We live in a country with a tropical climate.
[adjective] – of or from a long time ago, having lasted for a very long time
It’s believed that people have lived in this valley since ancient times.
True or False:
- 68 arrows were found by archeologists.
- The study is published in The Holocene journal.
- The artifacts were found in the Jotunheim Mountains south of Oslo, Norway.
- Based on closer inspection, the arrows are in good condition.
- The team also found a 3,330-year-old leather shoe from the Bronze Age among the arrows.
Fill in the blanks:
- One of the deer in the forest has a broken _____.
- Stone axes are relics of _____ times.
- What’s the _____ in the town you live in?
- Do you know who _____ Australia?
- We have a shop that sells _____ shoes.