- Do you wear facemasks?
- Is your city still on a lock down?
- announce /uh-NOUNS/
- search /surch /
- compare / kuhm-PAIR/
- quarantine /KWAWR-uhn-teen,/
- meaning /MEE-ning/
[verb] – to make something known or tell people about something officially
The host announced the winner of the competition to the excited audience.
[noun] – the action of looking for information on a computer or on the internet
Funny images appeared on the search results.
[verb] – to examine or look for the difference between two or more things
The price was a lot cheaper compared to the first one.
[noun] – a specific period of time in which a person or animal that has a disease, or may have one, must stay or be kept away from others in order to prevent the spread of the disease
Sarah’s doctor said that she could go home as long as she agreed to stay in quarantine for at least ten days.
[noun] – The meaning of something is what it expresses or represents
Many people believe that there were hidden meanings behind his lyrics.
True or False:
- ‘Coronavirus’ is 2020’s word of the year.
- The word ‘pandemic’ is the most searched word in dictionary.com
- Other words such as “asymptomatic”, “quarantine”, “frontliner”, “lockdown”, and “coronavirus” were also at the top of the search results./li>
- The World Health Organization (WHO) announced the covid19 outbreak as a pandemic.
- The search for the word ‘pandemic’ increased by 13,575% compared to last year.
Fill in the blanks:
- Mr. Smith was on ___________ for fourteen days.
- What appeared on the Google search _________ ?
- They __________ the winner earlier.
- The __________ of words can be found in a dictionary.
- We looked at the _________ results.