© Time Magazine
- Who is the most successful person you know?
- What is your biggest goal in life?
- select /si-LEKT/
- nominee /nom-uh-NEE/
- contaminant /kuhn-TAM-uh-nuhnt/
- coordinate /koh-AWR-dn-eyt/
- innovator /in-uh-VEY-tor/
[verb] – to choose a small number of things, or to choose by making careful decisions
Click ‘File’, then select ‘Make a copy’ from the pull-down menu.
[noun] – a person who someone has suggested should be considered to do a particular job, take part in an election, receive an honour, etc.
I’ve heard that he is a nominee for best director this year.
[noun] – a substance that makes something less pure or makes it poisonous
The water is now free from contaminants.
[verb] – to make various, separate things work together
Several organizations will coordinate with us for this outreach project.
[noun] – someone who introduces changes and new ideas
He was a young leading innovator in his industry.
In an interview with Angelina Jolie, she said that her goal was not only to create her own devices that can solve the world’s problems, but to inspire other people to do the same. She added that she wants to put out the message that if she can do it, anyone else can do it too. To make this goal happen, Rao coordinated with several academic institutions around the world to inspire the youth to create their own inventions. Rao has already mentored more than 30,000 student innovators to solve modern issues.
- Gitanjali Rao was chosen over how many nominees?
- What are some of the inventions she made?
- What other awards has she received aside from Time Magazine’s “Kid of the Year?”
- According to her interview with Angelina Jolie, what was her goal?
- What did she do to achieve this goal?
- What can young people learn from Gitanjali Rao?
- What characteristics does she possess? Explain your answer.
- Do you think people focus too much on appearing to be successful?
- Why is money the most common way of judging success?
- What are your goals for next year and what do you do to achieve it?