- title /TAHYT-l /
- shift /shift/
- team /teem /
- crisis /KRAHY-sis/
- transmission / trans-MISH-uhn/
[noun] – a prize or public statement showing that someone is the best in a particular sport or competition
Kevin won his third straight title in long distance triathlon.
[verb] – (of an idea, opinion, etc.) to change
The society’s attitudes towards women have shifted hugely over the last one hundred years.
[verb] – to act together to achieve something
Davis teamed with Miller to develop the application.
[noun] – an extremely difficult or dangerous point in a situation
The country’s leadership is in crisis.
[noun] – the process of passing something from one person or place to another
These mosquitoes are the primary means of transmission of the virus between animals and humans.
“My goal has really shifted not only from creating my own devices to solve the world’s problems, but inspiring others to do the same as well. Because, from personal experience, it’s not easy when you don’t see anyone else like you. So I really want to put out that message: If I can do it, you can do it, and anyone can do it.”, said Rao in an interview with Jolie. To make this happen, Rao has teamed with various academic institutions around the world to inspire the youth to come up with their own inventions. She has already taught more than 30,000 student innovators that can solve modern issues. Currently, Rao hopes to prevent future health crises like the COVID-19 pandemic from occurring and looking for ways to target cross-species transmission.
True or False:
- Gitanjali Rao was selected from over five thousand nominees for the title.
- One of her works included an AI based app that can detect cyberbullying.
- She was included in Forbes’ under 30 list of 2018.
- To achieve her goal, Rao worked with several institutions worldwide to inspire young people to create their own inventions.
- She hopes to prevent future health crises from happening.
Situation: You are a high school teacher.
Question: How would you teach your students about the importance of goal setting?
- In order to do that, we must…
Express Your Opinion:
- “Achievers are not born talented but they possess the “I can do it” attitude.”
– Gladys Bejani
- “Who you are tomorrow begibs with what you do today.”
– Tim Fargo
- “When you go in search of honey, you must expect to be stung by bees.”
– Joseph Joubert