© Time Magazine
- Do you set goals?
- Do you have a person that you look up to?
- pick /pik/
- include /in-KLOOD/
- possible /POS-uh-buhl /
- mentor /MEN-tawr/
- and counting /and KOUN-ting/
[verb] – to take some things and leave others
She picked the red dress for the event.
[verb] – to contain something as a part of something else, or to make something part of something else
Please include one ID picture in your resume.
[adjective] – able to be done or achieved, or able to exist
Is it possible to finish this work today?
[verb] – to help and give advice to a younger or less experienced person, especially in a job or at school
Mr. Johnson mentored several adults about starting their own business.
[phrase] – used to say that a time, distance, number, etc. is still increasing or is more than a particular amount
The song has been on top of Billboard’s hot 100 chart for 9 weeks and counting.
True or False:
- Gitanjali Rao is a fifteen year old teen from Colorado.
- Rao was chosen by Time Magazine as person of the year.
- She created the “Kindly”, an app that organizes a person’s schedules.
- Angelina Jolie interviewed Gitanjali Rao for Time Magazine.
- Rao taught more than 3,000 students.
Fill in the blanks:
- There are over 10 branches nationwide ____________.
- Does the price ________ tax?
- Lisa ________ several aspiring singers and pushed them to achieve their dreams.
- ________ a number from one to twenty.
- Would it be _________ to call him again in his office this afternoon?