© Lucy Nicholson—Reuters via Time.com
- surpass /ser-PAS/
- ranking /RANG-king/
- surge / surj/
- continuation /kuhn-tin-yoo-EY-shuhn/
- firm /furm/
[verb] – to do or be better than
The success of the movie has surpassed everyone’s expectations.
[noun] – a rank or level, for example in a competition
Their brand popularity rose from 25th to the 10th spot in ranking.
[verb] – to increase suddenly and strongly
The company’s profits have surged.
[noun] – the fact of continuing or a thing that continues or follows from something else
The continuation of the 2-part series will be posted later.
[noun] – a company offering a professional service, for example a company of lawyers
Madison works for a law firm in New York.
An older tweet pinned on his profile provided insights on his thoughts about his personal wealth. “About half my money is intended to help problems on Earth, and half to help establish a self-sustaining city on Mars to ensure continuation of life (of all species) in case Earth gets hit by a meteor like the dinosaurs or WW3 happens and we destroy ourselves,” it reads. Musk is South-African born American entrepreneur who co-founded the e-paymentfirm, Paypal and founder of SpaceX, an aerospace company. He also owns Tesla, an electric car company.
True or False:
- Elon Musk surpassed Jeff Bezos record as the richest person in the world.
- According to Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index, Musk’s shares rose up to 9%.
- The Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index records the top 500 richest people in the world.
- Musk plans to create a self-sustaining city on Mars.
- Musk owns more than one company.
Situation: You are in front of the class and you are going to answer a question.
Question: If you were the wealthiest person in the world, how would you spend your money?
Express Your Opinion:
- “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.”
- “The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.”
- “When I had money everyone called me brother.”