© Lucy Nicholson—Reuters via Time.com
- Does money make people happy?
- Do you want to be the richest person in the world?
- owner /OH-ner/
- around /uh-ROUND/
- increase /in-KREES/
- entrepreneur /ahn-truh-pruh-NOOR/
- company /KUHM-puh-nee/
[noun] – someone who owns something
Are you the owner of this book?
[adverb] – in a position or direction surrounding, or in a direction going along the edge of or from one part to another
They jogged around the park.
[verb] – to (make something) become larger in amount or size
The company is aiming to increase sales by 10% this year.
[noun] – someone who starts their own business, especially when this involves seeing a new opportunity
She’s an entrepreneur who made her money in the cosmetics industry.
[noun] – an organization that sells goods or services in order to make money
Paul works for a software company.
True or False:
- Elon Musk is now the richest person in the world.
- Jeff Bezos was the former richest person in the world.
- Bloomberg Billionaires Index ranks the 1000 wealthiest people in the world.
- Elon Musk was born in South Africa.
- He owns Paypal, SpaceX, and Tesla.
Fill in the blanks:
- The __________ is hiring more applicants this year.
- He is a successful ___________ .
- Should we __________ the length?
- Mark Zuckerberg is the ___________ of Facebook.
- The little boy ran __________ the tree.