© Lucy Nicholson—Reuters via Time.com
- What do you want to do if you have a lot of money?
- Who is the richest person in your country?
- spot /spot /
- wealthy /WEL-thee /
- intend /in-TEND/
- establish /ih-STAB-lish/
- self-sustaining /SELF-suh-STEY-ning/
[noun] – a particular place
The number one spot for Billboard hot 100 music was occupied by Jason Derulo this week.
[adjective] – rich
The wealthy man dedicated his life in helping poor people in their area.
[verb] – to have as a plan or purpose
I’ve heard that he intends to leave the company.
[verb] – to start a company or organization that will continue for a long time
The company was established ten years ago.
[adjective] – used to describe an activity that can continue without more investment
The idea is to make the website a self-sustaining source of revenue.
An older tweet pinned in his profile gave his insights about his personal wealth. He said that half his money is intended to help problems on Earth and the other half is to help establish a self-sustaining city on Mars. Musk is a South-African born American entrepreneur who co-founded Paypal, an electronic payment firm. He is also the founder of aerospace company, SpaceX. He also owns Tesla, an electric car company.
- How much did his shares increase according to Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index?
- How much is the market value of Tesla now?
- Where was Elon Musk born?
- What was his older pinned tweet about?
- What are some of the companies he owns and co-founded according to the article?
- What do you know about Elon Musk?
- Do you think it is important to rank the world’s richest people? Why or why not?
- How important is money to you?
- What are the best and worst things about being wealthy?
- Do you think your personality would change if you had great wealth? Why or why not?