- Do you like traveling?
- Have you already traveled in Europe?
- happen /hap-uhn/
- despite /dih-spahyt/
- book /book/
- increase /in-KREES/
- flight /flahyt/
[verb] – (of a situation or an event) to have existence or come into existence
No one knows exactly what happened but several people have been hurt.
[preposition] – without taking any notice of or being influenced by; not prevented by
I still enjoyed the week despite the weather.
[verb] – to arrange to have a seat, room, performer, etc. at a particular time in the future
At their favorite restaurant, she had booked a table for four.
[verb] – to (make something) become larger in amount or size:
Over the past few years, armed robbery incidents have increased.
[noun] – a trip in an aircraft
Passengers are requested to check in two hours before the flight.
True or False:
- TUI stands for Touristik Union International.
- Millions of vacationers, particularly in the United Kingdom, have already planned trips and are paying less than they did before the coronavirus happened
- Fritz Joussen is the CEO of TUI.
- The world’s largest tour operator said that 2.8 million customers are already booked for summer 2021.
- Average daily bookings last month were up 70 percent compared to December.
Fill in the blanks:
- The coronavirus ____ unexpectedly.
- We need to be in a hurry. Our _____ is at 2 p.m.
- _____ the strong rain, he still went out today.
- The population has _____ this year.
- I have _____ a hotel for the both of us.