- When was the time you traveled?
- Do you have any plans traveling this year?
- particularly /per-TIK-yuh-ler-lee/
- scheduled /SKEJ-oold/
- doubt /dout/
- decline /dih-KLAHYN/
- average /AV-er-ij/
[adverb] – especially, or more than usual
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who speak two or more European languages.
[adjective] – planned to happen at a particular time
He usually attended regularly scheduled meetings with the technicians.
[noun] – (a feeling of) not being certain about something, especially about how good or true it is
I’m having doubts about his ability to do the job.
[noun] – when something becomes less in amount, importance, quality, or strength
A decline in the number of unemployed employees happened this year.
[noun] – a standard or level that is considered to be typical or usual
In western Europe, a seven to eight-hour working day is about the average.
Last month’s average daily bookings were up 70% compared with December, TUI said. The company, which is based in Germany, only needs small down payments on some of its packed holidays in the summer of 2021 and, on trips booked prior to February 9, provides free modifications up to 21 days before departure. But it does not plan to have all its trips discounted, according to CEO Fritz Joussen. Joussen said on an income call that the average booking price rose 20 percent compared to summer 2019, fuelled by a higher number of bundled flights and hotel deals and demand for more lavish holidays after a year in which many people stayed home.
- How many vacationers in the United Kingdom have already scheduled trips and are paying even more than they did before the coronavirus struck?
- What doe TUI stand for?
- Who is the CEO of TUI?
- What was last month’s average daily booking?
- Why did the average booking price rose 20 percent compared to summer 2019?
- How did you feel after reading the article?
- Would you still travel this year despite the situation that the world is facing today? Why or why not?
- Why do you think people prefer to travel despite the situation of the world today?
- How would you like to spend your summer vacation this year?
- Would you like to spend your summer vacation alone? Why?