- Do you have allergies?
- When is Japan’s pollen season?
- recent /REE-suhnt/
- amount /uh-MOUNT/
- rise /rahyz/
- pollen /POL-uhn/
- respiratory /RES-per-uh-tawr-ee/
[adjective] – happening or starting from a short time ago
Is this a recent photo?
[noun] – a collection or mass, especially of something that cannot be counted
The total amount raised so far is approaching 20,000 pesos.
[noun] – an increase
There is a significant rise in sales across lockdown.
[noun] – a powder, produced by the male part of a flower, that causes the female part of the same type of flower to produce seeds. It is carried by insects or the wind.
Honey bees collect pollen and nectar as food for the entire bee colony.
[adjective] – relating to breathing
Smoking can cause respiratory health problems.
True or False:
- Climate change worsened and lengthened the pollen season.
- The study shows that pollen season became 20 days longer and 10 days earlier compared to 30 years ago.
- The study shows that there is a rise of 20.9% in pollen.
- The biggest factor is the average temperature rise.
- Pollen can cause respiratory health problems.
Fill in the blanks:
- Second hand smoking can also affect ______________ health.
- Insects such as bees and butterflies help spread ____________.
- More people have been actively using social media in __________ years.
- There is a dramatic __________ in cases of respiratory illnesses in the area in the last five years.
- You need to lessen the ___________ of salt you consume in your diet.