© Yusaku Maezawa
- Would you like to travel into space?
- Have you watched any movies or shows about outer space?
- billionaire /BIL-yuh-nair/
- lunar /LOO-ner/
- expense /ik-SPENS/
- crew /kroo/
- goal /gohl/
[noun] – a person who has money, property, etc. that is worth at least 1,000,000,000 dollars, pounds, euros, etc.
The new president is a billionaire with no government experience.
[adjective] – of or relating to the moon
The lunar surface is different from the Earth’s.
[noun] – the use of money, time, or effort
Our biggest expense last year was our family vacation to the Maldives.
[noun] – a group of people who work together, especially all those who work on and operate a ship, aircraft, etc.
The aircraft carries a crew of ten.
[noun] – an aim or purpose
My goal this year is to start learning the French language.
True or False:
- Yusaku Maezawa is looking for eighty people to join him on the first-ever private commercial space flight.
- Maezawa’s lunar tourism project is named “dearMoon”.
- The dearMoon project was announced in 2018.
- The rocket will take off in 2023.
- The dearMoon project is the first lunar mission in almost 50 years.
Fill in the blanks:
- There will be a ____________ eclipse on the 20th of October.
- What would you do with your money if you were a ____________?
- The captain and the _____________ would like to welcome you on board.
- Our team has a series of _____________ to achieve every month.
- We need to save money and cut down on our _____________.