© Yusaku Maezawa
- aboard /uh-BOHRD/
- all-expense /AWL-ik-SPENSE/
- criterion /krahy-TEER-ee-uhn/
- entrepreneur /ahn-truh-pruh-NOOR/
- hefty /HEF-tee/
[adverb] – on or onto a ship, aircraft, bus, or train
Welcome aboard flight ML345 to Manila!
[adjective] – including all necessary or usual expenses, as the full cost of a trip, tour, or the like
The newlyweds went on a two-week all-expense tour in Mexico.
[noun] – a standard by which you judge, decide about, or deal with something
These are the criteria for judging: content, fluency, performance, and timing.
[noun] – someone who starts their own business, especially when this involves seeing a new opportunity
Jeff Bezos is an entrepreneur who made his money in e-commerce.
[adjective] – large in amount, size, force, etc.
All the employees’ salary will go up by a hefty 14 percent.
Yusaku Maezawa is a Japanese billionaire entrepreneur and art collector. He said that he had originally specified that applicants should be artists but the plan has since “evolved”. Maezawa was announced as the first private passenger to be flown around the moon by SpaceX, Elon Musk’s company, in 2018. The price for the ticket has not been revealed but it was “a hefty amount of money” according to Musk. The mission, which is set to launch in 2023, will be the first human mission to the moon since 1972.
True or False:
- Yusaku Maezawa is looking for eight people to accompany him on the world’s first private commercial space flight.
- The project called “dearMoon” was announced two years ago.
- All applicants who will participate will fly for free.
- The applicants should meet two criteria to join.
- The ticket cost was disclosed last month by Elon Musk.
Situation: You are an astronaut who will discuss the importance of space explorations to highschool students.
Question: Why are space explorations important?
- Human space exploration
- opportunity to discover
Express Your Opinion:
- ”That’s one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.”
- “Across the sea of space, the stars are other suns.”
- “The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn’t have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don’t have a space program, it’ll serve us right!”