© Yusaku Maezawa
- What is your favorite space movie or TV show?
- What is interesting about outer space?
- accompany /uh-KUHM-puh-nee/
- reveal /ri-VEEL/
- benefit /BEN-uh-fit/
- mogul /MOH-guhl/
- substantial /suhb-STAN-shuhl/
[verb] – to go with someone or to be provided or exist at the same time as something
Would you like me to accompany you to your room?
[verb] – to make known or show something that is surprising or that was previously secret
The new movie was revealed in yesterday’s comic convention.
[verb] – to be helped by something or to help someone
Our team has benefited greatly from our manager’s wisdom.
[noun] – an important person who is very rich or powerful
Lee Soo Man is an entertainment mogul in the k-pop industry.
[adjective] – large in size, value, or importance
Mr. Albert inherited a substantial fortune from his grandfather.
Yusaku Maezawa is a Japanese billionaire mogul and art collector. In 2018, SpaceX, Elon Musk’s company, announced Maezawa as the first private passenger to be flown around the moon. The ticket’s cost has not been reported, but Musk said that it was “a substantial sum of money.” The dearMoon project will be the first human mission to the moon since 1972.
- Who funded the world’s first private commercial space flight?
- How many passengers does Maezawa look for?
- When was the “dearMoon” project revealed?
- When will the rocket take off?
- When did the last human mission to the moon happen?
- Would you like to accompany Yusaku Maezawa on this lunar mission? Why or why not?
- Do you think this space mission is necessary? Explain your answer.
- Have you ever used a telescope? What did you look at?
- Do you think governments spend too much money on space programs? Why or why not?
- How important is learning about space?