- Do you like traveling?
- When was the last time you traveled?
- decrease /dih-KREES/
- soon /soon/
- depend /dih-PEND/
- whether / HWETH-er/
- safe /seyf/
[verb] – to become less, or to make something become less
I have decreased the amount of sugar in my calorie intake.
[adverb] – in or within a short time; before long; quickly
It will soon be impossible for other people to enter the city.
[verb] – to be decided by or to change according to the stated thing
it depends what time I get home from school.
[conjunction] – (used especially in reporting questions and expressing doubts) if, or not
I wasn’t sure whether you’d like it.
[adjective] – not in danger or likely to be harmed
In some cities you don’t feel safe going out alone at night.
True or False:
- The number of global coronavirus cases has started to decrease since January 2021.
- According to experts, it is still a long way from getting back to normal when it comes to recreation and travel.
- According to experts, the economy will start to open up soon.
- The virus and its mutated variants can be easily kept under control.
- Remaining safe and staying at home is still the best course of action in many areas of the world.
Fill in the blanks:
- I was unsure _____ my husband would actually come with me.
- The store will open _____.
- It might _____ on the circumstances.
- The birth rate has _____ recently.
- It is still _____ to stay at home.