- millenial /mil-LEN-ee-uhl/
- urge /urj/
- stoke the fire /stohk thuh fahyuhr/
- introspection /in-truh-SPEK-shuhn/
- renaissance /ren-uh-SAHNS/
[noun] – born in the 1980s, 1990s, or early 2000s
Millennials are more inclined to use less traditional means.
[verb] – to strongly advise or try to persuade someone to do a particular thing
Sonny’s father urged him to study medicine.
[idiom] – to maintain something to happen, or to intensify something
Avoid stoking the fire when someone is upset.
[noun] – examination of and attention to your own ideas, thoughts, and feelings
Quiet introspection is valuable for people who spend their time alone.
[noun] – a new growth of activity or interest in something, especially art, literature, or music
J-pop and anime have been a renaissance of mine since the pandemic started.
The 2020 pandemic has damaged people around the world and this urged most of them to consult the stars. Some search for employment after losing their previous ones, while others seek to have a new career since they have so much time at home. These individuals pursue—or perhaps need—support, more knowledge, and connection. But there’s more to astrology than the effects of the widespread illness.
Western astrology has already been popular among young people across the globe through social media. Technological innovations, change in beliefs, and the 2020 pandemic seem to have stoked the fire. This is proven true by Google Trends, which showed that “birth chart” and “astrology” searches have reached both of their five-year peaks. Torres believes that astrology is responsible for “getting us to be more connected to life and something bigger than us” when we feel disconnected from the rest of the world.
“Believing” in astrology means that people see it as a tool for introspection when uncertain and struggling to understand a larger part of themselves or others. It’s not surprising that many turn to astrology as a form of counseling when they’re unsure or curious. Due to social media influence as well as other factors, astrology’s renaissance will most likely remain and have its sense of normalcy.
- Who are the majority of Torres’ clients?
- What searches have hit the five-year peaks based on Google Trends?
- What factors made astrology more popular?
- According to the article, what does “believing” in astrology mean?
- What did Torres say about astrology and its purpose?
- Do you believe that astrology is also famous for the older generation? Why or why not?
- Out of the factors mentioned in the article, which do you think is the most influential to astrology’s fame and why?
- How can astrology be useful in someone’s life?
- Which do the Japanese believe in more, star signs or blood type personalities? Please tell me more.
- Kindly differentiate Western astrology from Eastern (or Japanese) astrology.