- Do you believe in astrology?
- Who do you talk to when you have problems?
- teen /teen/
- development /dih-VEL-uhp-muhnt/
- previous /PREE-vee-uhs/
- tool /tool/
- solution /suh-LOO-shuhn/
[noun] – a teenager
Mia met Grace when they were teens.
[noun] – the process of growing or changing and becoming more advanced
We will check the development of the program.
[adjective] – happening or existing before something or someone else
He was already introduced in the previous chapter.
[noun] – something that helps you to do a particular activity
The computer is probably the most useful tool in our generator.
[noun] – the answer to a problem
The solution to your money problems is proper budgeting.
Even before COVID-19 spread all over the world, Western astrology has already been famous for young people through social media. But development in technology, change in beliefs, and the effects of the pandemic have made it even more popular. Some people look for jobs after losing their previous ones, while others want advice on what career to have from home. Torres said that astrology has “a way of getting us more connected to life.”
People who “believe” in astrology use it as a tool to seek help and think about something when they’re not sure. They need support, more connection, and knowledge, and they consider astrology as one of the best solutions. Because of modern technology’s way of giving advice, astrology is more likely to stay and be part of our daily lives.
True or False:
- Change of beliefs made astrology more popular.
- Most people who believe in astrology think it is one of the best solutions.
- Charm Torres is from North America.
- Western astrology became famous only when the pandemic started.
- Torres believes that astrology is not a way for people to get more connected to life.
Fill in the blanks:
- What is the _____ to this problem?
- Both of his daughters are _____.
- The class reviewed their _____ lesson.
- This _____ is used for wood carving.
- The town’s _____ may take several years.