- What is your favorite season?
- Do you like it when it rains?
- announce /uh-NOUNS/
- alphabet /AL-fuh-bet/
- confusing /kuhn-FYOO-zing/
- danger /DEYN-jer/
- warning /WAWR-ning/
[verb] – to make something known or tell people about something officially
[noun] – a set of letters arranged in a fixed order, used for writing a language
The first letter of the Roman alphabet is A.
[adjective] – Something that is confusing makes you feel confused because it is difficult to understand
His words were really confusing.
[noun] – the possibility of harm or death to someone
Danger! Keep out!
[noun] – something that makes you understand there is a possible danger or problem, especially one in the future
Gavin’s teacher gave a written warning to his parents because of his poor school performance.
True or False:
- WMO stands for World Meteorological Organization.
- WMO announced that they will stop using Greek letters in naming storms.
- The organization said that the Greek alphabet may be confusing because it distracts the communication of hazard and storm warnings.
- Before, Greek letters were used as backups when all the names from the list were used.
- Storm names that start with the letters Q, U, X, Y, and Z will now be included in the main list.
Fill in the blanks:
- This math problem is really ______________.
- The Greek and Roman ________________ are different from each other.
- The government ____________ that school classes will be suspended because of the coming storm.
- I don’t think he realizes the ____________ his actions.
- Kevin’s parents gave him a ______________.