- Do you want to go to space?
- Do you always stay in a hotel when you are on a vacation?
- canal /kuh-NAL/
- float /floht/
- design /dih-ZAHYN/
- realize /REE-uh-lahyz/
- architect /AHR-ki-tekt/
[noun] – a long, thin stretch of water that is artificially made either for boats to travel along or for taking water from one area to another
[verb] – to (cause to) move easily through, or along the surface of a liquid, or to (cause to) move easily through air
Clouds are floating across the sky.
[verb] – to make or draw plans for something, for example clothes or buildings
The building is not designed very well from my point of view.
[verb] – to understand a situation, sometimes suddenly
He was not able to realize the danger he was in.
[noun] – a person whose job is to design new buildings and make certain that they are built correctly
He is a highly recommended architect.
The hotel has a new name: Voyager Station, and it will be designed by Orbital Assembly Corporation, a new construction firm led by former pilot and Gateway Foundation chairman John Blincow. Although there have been some delays due to Covid, Blincow clarified in a recent interview with CNN Travel that construction on the space hotel is scheduled to begin in 2026, and a trip to space should be possible by 2027. “We’re trying to make the public realize that this golden age of space travel is just around the corner. It’s coming. It’s coming fast,” said Blincow.
The hotel’s interior is similar to that of a budget Earth-bound hotel, but with some incredible views. The hotel’s design was influenced by Stanley Kubrick’s film “2001: A Space Odyssey,” which Tim Alatorre, a senior design architect at Orbital Assembly Corporation, described as “almost a roadmap of what not to do.” “I think the goal of Stanley Kubrick was to highlight the divide between technology and humanity and so, purposefully, he made the stations and the ships very sterile and clean and alien.”
True or False:
- The Gateway Foundation is a California-based company.
- Von Braun Station was expected to be fully operational by 2026.
- The hotel’s new name is Voyager Operation.
- The hotel will be designed by Orbital Assembly Corporation.
- Tim Alatorre is a senior design architect at Orbital Assembly Corporation.
Fill in the blanks:
- He suddenly _____ his mistakes when he was left alone.
- Venice’s _____ is a popular place in Europe.
- He worked with the building’s ______ to make the new office.
- The rubber duck will not _____ any more because it is full of water.
- The building was _____ by a well-known architect.