©EPA via BBC News
- Have you ever ordered an item from a different country?
- What is the main port harbor in your country?
- stick /stik/
- remove /ri-MOOV/
- giant /JAHY-uhnt /
- trade /treyd/
- delivery /dih-LIV-uh-ree/
[verb] – to be fixed in position and unable to move
The windows got stuck. I can’t open them.
[verb] – to take something or someone away from somewhere, or off something
Remove your shoes before going in.
[adjective] – extremely large
We saw a giant tree in the forest.
[noun] – the activity of buying and selling, or exchanging, goods and/or services between people or countries
They make international trades of basic goods.
[noun] – the act of taking goods, letters, or packages to people’s houses or places of work:
The company has free delivery now.
True or False:
- Ever Given crashed on the eastern coast of the Suez Canal on March 23.
- 14 tugboats pushed the ship to a high tide to try and remove it.
- Peter Peter Berdowski is a CEO of an American construction company.
- The Suez Canal is a trade passage between the U.S. and Africa.
- There would be no increase in fuel prices after the accident.
Fill in the blanks:
- How do you _______ ink stain?
- There should be two _______ today.
- He tried to _______ the broken pieces of the vase with glue.
- The sisters had to _______ their clothes.
- My friend’s father owns a _______ pharmacy.