- What is the importance of forests in this world?
- How does being in nature make you feel? Why?
- rate /reyt/
- worldwide /WURLD-wahyd/
- role /rohl/
- distinguished /dih-STING-gwisht/
- particular /per-TIK-yuh-ler/
[noun] – the speed at which something happens or changes, or the amount or number of times it happens or changes in a particular period
The rate of his recovery is going great.
[adverb] – existing or happening in all parts of the world
They are currently topping the iTunes worldwide for three consecutive weeks.
[noun] – the position or purpose that someone or something has in a situation, organization, society, or relationship
The sun plays a vital role in photosynthesis.
[adjective] – used to describe a respected and admired person, or their work
The faculty welcomed the distinguished guests.
[adjective] – special, or this and not any other
My sister asked me to buy this particular brand of green tea.
A vital United Nations (UN) summit about climate change called the UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (UNCOP26) talks will be hosted by the United Kingdom this November. Frances Seymour, a distinguished senior fellow at the World Resources Institute, said that forests need to be a part of the discussion for the UNCOP26. The UNCOP26’s president, Alok Sharma, stated that wealthy countries should help developing countries that take the effect of climate change. Sharma said that developed countries have a particular responsibility to support communities most vulnerable to climate change.
- Which institutions provided the data for deforestation in the said areas?
- In total, how many hectares of trees were lost in 2020?
- Deforestation is particularly severe in which regions?
- What important UN summit will happen in November of this year?
- What did the UNCOP26’s president say about the responsibilty of wealthy countries regarding climate change?
- Do you believe that wealthy countries are responsible for the deforestation in these developing countries? Why or why not?
- What do you think would happen if organizations such as WRI and Global Forest Watch did not exist?
- In your opinion, can we reverse the effects of deforestation in the world? Please explain your answer.
- What are the impacts of deforestation on the ecosystem?
- How different do you think our nature will be 100 years from now?