- Do you prefer to live in the city or in the countryside?
- Do you like nature trips?
- increase /in-KREES/
- main /meyn/
- collect /kuh-LEKT/
- above /uh-BUHV/
- area /AIR-ee-uh/
[verb] – to (make something) become larger in amount or size
The company needs to increase the production to meet the demands.
[adjective] – larger, more important, or having more influence than others of the same type
What is the main topic of this paragraph?
[verb] – to bring something together from different places or over a period of time
They collected old newspapers to recycle.
[adverb] – more than an amount or level
This toy is for children aged three and above.
[noun] – a particular part of a place, piece of land, or country
Pets are not allowed in this area.
True or False:
- The forest destruction around the world has greatly increased last year.
- 2020 has been the worst year for forest destruction since the monitoring started in 2002.
- The losses were particularly severe in the regions of Southeast Asia, Congo, and the Amazon.
- In total, over 12 million hectares of forest land were lost last 2020.
- The results were 10% higher compared to 2019.
Fill in the blanks:
- The children ____________ empty bottles every morning.
- His grades were ____________ average.
- The northern ____________ of the country is very cold.
- The ____________ goal of this fundraising is to help animals in the shelter.
- His mother told him to _____________ his vegetable intake.