©Lisa Marie David via Reuters
- What is the present situation of your country against COVID-19?
- What rules were set by your government to prevent the disease?
- nearby /NEER-BAHY/
- strict /strikt/
- nonstop /NON-STOP/
- report /ri-PAWRT/
- barrier /BAR-ee-er/
[adjective] – not far away
Sam’s house is just nearby.
[adjective] – strongly limiting someone’s freedom to behave as they wish
Her strict parents never allow her to join school field trips.
[adjective] – without stopping or without interruptions
The nonstop road project in our village is very annoying.
[verb] – to give a description of something or information about it to someone
The teacher reported the students’ progress to their parents.
[noun] – anything used or acting to block someone from going somewhere or from doing something
The barrier was destroyed by the opposers.
True or False:
- Metro Manila and five nearby provinces in the Philippines are under a stricter state again due to many COVID-19 cases.
- The country has reported 9,839 COVID-19-positive cases on March 21, 2021.
- The rules set were initially planned to run until April 4, but extra time has been requested by the president.
- According to the rules, people must be inside their homes before 8 p.m.
- Diners are still open for all types of services.
Fill in the blanks:
- A __________ was created to block outsiders.
- The scientists ____________ the outcome of their experiment.
- Let’s go shopping in the _________ mall.
- My favorite teacher is __________ during class hours but friendly outside the school.
- The __________ rain caused flood in our city.