©Lisa Marie David via Reuters
- What measures were implemented in your country to prevent the spread of coronavirus?
- How do you cope with the current pandemic?
- enhanced /en-HANST/
- enforcement /en-FAWRS-muhnt/
- impede /im-PEED/
- impose /im-POHZ/
- operational /op-uh-REY-shuh-nl/
[adjective] – better than before
The brand wants to create enhanced versions of their products.
[noun] – the process of making people obey a law or rule, or making a particular situation happen or be accepted
The citizens support the enforcement of the bill against racism.
[verb] – to slow something down or prevent an activity from making progress at its previous rate
Lack of doctors and nurses is impeding the country’s recovery from the pandemic.
[verb] – to establish something as a rule to be obeyed
The organization has imposed a new set of rules to prevent climate change.
[adjective] – able to function or be used
The newly established mall nearby is now operational.
Enhanced community quarantine imposes a curfew from 6 p.m. until 5 a.m. Outdoor events that have more than 10 attendants are not allowed, and indoor functions must not let visitors outside the household join. Restaurants are still operational but only for take-out and delivery transactions. The Philippine National Police (PNP) also situated many officers in checkpoint areas. Vaccines against the virus are also currently being extended to medical frontliners.
- Why did the Philippines implement another lockdown in Metro Manila and surrounding provinces?
- What are the four surrounding provinces mentioned in the article?
- According to Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, what factors will the government consider and monitor during this enforcement?
- Why did President Rodrigo Duterte order a one-week extension of the lockdown?
- Aside from the earlier curfew, what are the other stricter measures imposed?
- Would lockdowns help a country in recovering from a pandemic? Why or why not?
- After the medical frontliners, who do you think should be prioritized next for vaccines?
- In your opinion, what could be causing the soar in the Philippines’ COVID-19 cases?
- Aside from enforcing a lockdown, what do you think would help the Philippines recover from its soaring COVID-19 cases?
- If given a chance, would you enter the medical field to help other health workers combat diseases like this? Why or why not?