©Evaristo Sa via CNN
- What do you think of the country Brazil?
- Where do you prefer checking news about COVID-19?
- announce /uh-NOUNS/
- release /ri-LEES/
- former /FAWR-mer/
- refuse /ri-FYOOZ/
- approach /uh-PROHCH/
[verb] – to make something known or tell people about something officially
They announced their marriage yesterday.
[verb] – to allow something to be shown in public or to be available for use
They will release the results of the exam today.
[adjective] – of or in an earlier time; before the present time or in the past
I met my former teacher last Sunday.
[verb] – to say that you will not do or accept something
Refusing a gift is rude.
[noun] – a way of considering or doing something
The fashion designer is always very creative in his approach.
Many citizens are criticizing Bolsonaro for his poor handling of the pandemic as the new coronavirus variant spreads through the country, with younger Brazilians particularly affected. Brazil has recently reported more than 3,000 deaths for the second day in a row. The Brazilian health ministry has registered Thursday more than 100,000 new coronavirus cases within a day. Business leaders last month signed an open letter asking for better COVID-19 action. But Bolsonaro is still refusing to change his approach toward the virus. During an official government event last week, Bolsanaro said, “We must fight against the virus and not against the President.”
- What position will be taken up by Federal Police Chief Anderson Torres?
- Why is President Bolsonaro being criticized?
- Which age group is seriously affected by the COVID-19 in Brazil?
- What did the business leaders in Brazil do to call on the attention of the president?
- What was President Bolsonaro’s response to the effort of the business leaders?
- Do you think President Bolsonaro’s decision was right or timely? Why or why not?
- What do you think of the action taken by the business leaders?
- Should we always be updated about changes in our government? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, why is it important for a government leader to listen to the public?
- How can we be responsible citizens during the coronavirus crisis?