- Have you been to a bank?
- Do you shop online?
- industry /IN-duh-stree/
- resident /REZ-ih-duhnt/
- increase /in-KREES/
- benefit /BEN-uh-fit/
- wealth /welth/
[noun] – the companies and activities involved in the process of producing goods for sale, especially in a factory or special area
The Philippines has a rich fruit industry.
[noun] – a person who lives or has their home in a place
I am a resident of Kamakura.
[verb] – to (make something) become larger in amount or size
The price of meat is always increasing.
[verb] – to be helped by something or to help someone
I benefited so much from learning English.
[noun] – a large amount of money or valuable possessions that someone has
His wealth came from a successful business.
True or False:
- Beijing, the capital of China now has fewer billionaires than New York City.
- The success of Beijing’s fishing industry is the reason it gained many billionaires.
- Former Mayor Michael Bloomberg is New York’s richest resident.
- Few companies gained personal wealth from the success of entertainment and shopping websites.
- Jeff Bezos, the founder of Twitter, is still the world’s richest person.
Fill in the blanks:
- They are _________ of New York City.
- I want to ________my vocabulary by reading books.
- I want to work in the toy_______.
- She _______ a lot from taking swimming lessons.
- He got his _______ from selling shoes.