- Do you save up money? Why or why not?
- Do you shop online? Why?
- containment /kuhn-TEYN-muhnt/
- firm /furm/
- net worth /net werth/
- shareholder /SHAIR-hohl-der/
- manufacturing /man-yuh-FAK-cher-ing/
[noun] – the act of controlling or limiting something or someone harmful
The firefighters handled the containment of the fire quickly.
[noun] – a company offering a professional service, for example a company of lawyers:
My brother is going to work part-time at a law firm this summer.
[noun] – the value of the assets (= property and money) that a person or business has
Celebrities in America have the biggest net worth.
[noun] – a person who owns shares in a company and therefore gets part of the company’s profits and the right to vote on how the company is controlled
My father is one of the shareholders of an Italian food company.
[noun] – the business of producing goods in large numbers
Isuzu is one of the top car manufacturing companies in Japan.
China, along with the US has seen the incredible growth of technology markets due to the increasing number of online shoppers in the pandemic. This has contributed to the personal wealth gained by founders and shareholders of many technology and manufacturing companies. With China’s total number of 668 billionaires, it is now catching up to the US’ 724 billionaires. Jeff Bezos, founder and chief executive of Amazon, remains the world’s richest person. His net worth grew by $64bn to $177bn in the past year.
- Which city in the US held the top spot for seven years and has a current total of 99 billionaires?
- What is the reason behind Beijing’s rise to the top spot?
- What is the reason behind the incredible growth of technology markets in both China and the US?
- What has contributed to the personal wealth gained by founders and shareholders of many technology companies?
- What is Jeff Bezos’ current net worth?
- Do you think Forbes’ annual World’s Billionaires List is important? Why or why not?
- Why do you think technology is making people richer?
- What characteristics do you think billionaires have in common?
- At what age should a person start saving money? Please explain your answer.
- Do you think there will be more billionaires in the future? Why or why not?