- What kind of car would you like to have?
- Do you know how to drive a car?
- describe /dih-SKRAHYB/
- demand /dih-MAND/
- warn /wawrn/
- manager /MAN-i-jer/
- benefit /BEN-uh-fit/
[verb] – to say or write what someone or something is like
He described the main character in detail.
[verb] – to ask for something forcefully, in a way that shows that you do not expect to be refused
I demand to see the manager.
[verb] – to make someone realize a possible danger or problem, especially one in the future
We were warned not to eat that fish because it might upset our stomachs.
[noun] – the person who is responsible for managing an organization
The project was run by a manager with considerable experience.
[noun] – a helpful or good effect, or something intended to help
The discovery of the well brought many benefits to the town.
Smart-tire technology is already in use by tire manufacturers, with special sensors in each tire. According to TJ Campbell, tire knowledge and testing manager at online retailer Tire Rack, these inventions will gradually become commonplace because the benefits that smart tires can offer are so important. “If for no other reason than that this is the basis for completely autonomous driving,” he said, “I totally foresee that happening.” He argues that self-driving cars can face enough random variables without having to deal with unpredictable tire issues. It’s best to be aware of a potential problem, such as an air leak or worn treads, as early as possible.
When the road surface is slippery or the vehicle is about to skid, a self-driving car would lack the feeling of a professional human driver. In terms of forecasting possible traction loss, computerized tire technology would be more accurate and reliable than most cars’ existing stability and traction control systems.
True or False:
- Tires are often described as large, circular hunks of black rubber rolling down the lane.
- TJ Campbell is a tire knowledge and testing manager at the online retailer Tire Rack.
- Smart-tire technology is not yet used today.
- Campbell believes that the technologies will become more common.
- Computerized tire technology would be more accurate and reliable than most cars.
Fill in the blanks:
- This food has a lot of proven _____.
- He always _____ his parents to buy him everything he wants.
- He _____ the story using his own words.
- The _____ of the restaurant talked to him.
- He was _____ by his friend not to go through the cave.