- Do you like shopping?
- Are shopping centers already open in your country?
- essential /uh-SEN-shuhl/
- reopen /ree-OH-puhn/
- leisure /LEE-zher/
- possible /POS-uh-buhl/
- add /ad/
[adjective] – necessary or needed
Fresh fruits and vegetables form an essential part of a healthy diet.
[verb] – If a place or business, etc. reopens or is reopened, it begins to operate, or it becomes open for people to use, after being closed for a period of time
The amusement park has reopened five years after the fire incident.
[noun] – activities people do when they are not working, to relax and enjoy themselves
Because of the pandemic, hotels, airlines and other firms in the leisure industry suffered.
[adjective] – able to be done or achieved, or able to exist
Would it be possible to get this done by tomorrow?
[verb] – to say another thing
“And thank you so much to all my fans for the support!” the singer added as he leaves the stage.
True or False:
- Non-essential shops and businesses will reopen in Ireland for the first time since November last year.
- Personal services such as hairdressers are allowed to open in the public as of May 2021.
- Leo Varadkar is Ireland’s deputy prime minister.
- Hotels will reopen from June 7.
- Restaurants will reopen from June 2.
Fill in the blanks:
- Yes. It is ___________ to buy the tickets in advance.
- A public park was added for __________ activity and community gatherings.
- Would you like to __________ any further comments?
- Water is _________ to all living things.
- The people hope that the library will __________ soon.