- How has the “new normal” affected your daily tasks?
- What are the activities that the people could not enjoy now because of the lockdown restrictions?
- ease /eez/
- likely /LAHYK-lee/
- citizen /SIT-uh-zuhn/
- assure /uh-SHOOR/
- cooperate /koh-OP-uh-reyt/
[verb] – to make or become less severe, difficult, unpleasant, painful, etc.
Apply cold compress and medication to ease the pain.
[adjective] – If something is likely, it will probably happen or is expected
They regard him as a likely candidate for the position.
[noun] – a person who is a member of a state or country, and has legal rights there
Citizens must follow the law.
[verb] – to tell someone confidently that something is true, especially so that they do not worry
The doctor assured the parents that the child is safe.
[verb] – to act or work together for a particular purpose, or to be helpful by doing what someone asks you to do
The members cooperate with one another to finish the tasks.
Ireland’s industry body, Retail Excellence, told the media that the reopening was possible because of the government’s effective vaccine rollout. The Irish government assured the industry that it will not be “going backwards” after this week’s reopening. Damien English, Ireland’s Minister for Business, Employment, and Retail, said that it had been a “long road” for businesses to reopen after more than five months. English said that the public should be careful and protect their health against viruses. He added that everyone must cooperate for everything to return to normal.
- When did the government order the temporary closure of non-essential shops and businesses to the public?
- What did the Irish deputy prime minister urge the public to do?
- When will hotels reopen according to the Irish government’s roadmap?
- When will leisure centers reopen in Ireland?
- What did the Irish government assure the retail industry?
- How can the people shop safely now that the Irish government allowed the reopening of shops?
- What can the citizens do to bring the retail industry back to life?
- What measures should the government do to bring the economy back to normal?
- Why is it important to shop for local products?
- How is your country’s economy at the moment?