I will read each question. Then, please answer them.
- Do you exercise?
- What kinds of physical activities are you interested in?
I will read the words, meanings, and sample sentences. Then, repeat after me.
- routine /roo-TEEN/
[adjective] – relating to usual or fixed way of doing things
I’ve got a lot of routine paperwork to finish.
- department /dih-PAHRT-muhnt /
[noun] – a part of an organization such as a school, business, or government that deals with a particular area of study or work
Organizing a whole department is beyond his capability.
- daily /DEY-lee/
[adjective] – happening on or relating to every day
Our daily profit is usually around $ 1000.
- report /ri-PAWRT/
[verb] – to give a description of something or information about it to someone
We called the police to report the theft.
- inactivity /in-AK-tiv-i-tee/
[noun] – the state of doing nothing
The job required long periods of inactivity.
Please read the whole article. Then, I will check your pronunciation and intonation.
Routine physical activities are related to a lower risk of extreme Covid-19, according to a new study published on April 13, 2021. The Kaiser Permanente study, published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, examined nearly 50,000 adults with Covid-19. According to the report, people who followed the US Department of Health and Human Services’ physical activity requirements — at least 150 minutes of moderate to intense physical activity each week — had significantly lower rates of Covid-19 disease hospitalization, intensive care unit (ICU) admission, and death. With the benefits of daily exercise, following these recommendations will help minimize the severity of Covid-19 symptoms. Acute Covid illness is one of the harmful effects of being inactive, which has been linked to heart disease, obesity, diabetes, stroke, and some cancers. The following risk factors for extreme Covid-19 have been reported by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: advanced age, male gender, and diseases such as diabetes, obesity, and heart disease. This new study’s findings pushed inactivity to the top of the list.
True or False:
Read the sentences and identify if they are true or false based on the article.
- Routine physical activities are related to a higher risk of extreme Covid-19.
- The Kaiser Permanente study looked at nearly 50,000 adults with Covid-19.
- HHS recommends at least 150 minutes of physical activity each week.
- Acute Covid illness is one of the harmful consequences of sedentary activity.
- One of the risk factors for extreme Covid-19 is advanced age.
Fill in the blanks:
Choose the correct word from the table then fill in the blanks.
- It was good to be home again after the __________ at the hospital.
- One of his __________ work is traveling is around the city.
- Their __________ lives were described in the story.
- The finance _________ is having a Christmas party this week.
- He talked to his boss to __________ the incident at work.