- What research have you read about Covid-19?
- Why is exercise important?
- publish /PUHB-lish/
- risk /risk/
- benefit /BEN-uh-fit /
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
- stroke /strohk/
[verb] – to make information available to people, especially in a book, magazine, or newspaper, or to produce and sell a book, magazine, or newspaper
The names of the winners of the competition will be published in June.
[noun] – the possibility of something bad happening
We want clean rivers and lakes, where we can swim without risk to our health.
[noun] – a helpful or good effect, or something intended to help
The discovery of oil brought many benefits to the town.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
My weight reduces when I stop eating sugar.
[noun] – a sudden change in the blood supply to a part of the brain, sometimes causing a loss of the ability to move particular parts of the body
She had a stroke that left her unable to speak.
Due to benefits of regular exercise, physical activity that follows these guidelines will reduce the severity of Covid-19 symptoms. Acute Covid illness is just one of the many negative effects of sedentary behavior, which has been related to heart disease, obesity, diabetes, stroke, and some cancers. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has identified the following risk factors for severe Covid-19: advanced age, male gender, and underlying comorbidities such as diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease. Many of the risk factors mentioned are difficult, if not impossible, to eliminate, so people may feel powerless to face them. The results of this new study added inactivity to the top of the list.
- When was the study published?
- How many adults became part of the study?
- According to the guidelines, how many minutes of physical activity per week should one have?
- According to the article, what is one of the benefits of regular exercise?
- What are the following risk factors for severe Covid-19 that were identified by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention?
- Do you agree with result of the study? Why or why not?
- What do you think are the activities included in the guidelines? Please explain your answer.
- What do you think are the results of sedentary activity?
- What kind of excercises do you do nowadays? Tell me more about it.
- What physical activity would you like to try? Why?