©Manny Pacquiao via Instagram (@MannyPacquiao)
- What type/s of sport do you play?
- Is boxing a good sport? Why or why not?
- match /mach/
- confirm /kuhn-FURM/
- accident /AK-si-duhnt/
- draw back /DRAW-bak/
- contender /kuhn-TEN-der/
[noun] – a sports competition or event in which two people or teams compete against each other
A tennis match will happen in the stadium next week.
[verb] – to make an arrangement or meeting certain
The manager confirmed the date and time of the meeting.
[noun] – something bad that happens that is not expected or intended and that often damages something or injures someone
She lost her sight in an accident.
[phrasal verb] – to move away from someone or something, usually because you are surprised or frightened
The thief drew back upon seeing the police.
[noun] – someone who competes with other people to try to win something
Josh is a strong contender for the Philippine team.
True or False:
- Pacquiao and Spence will fight this coming July.
- Pacquiao’s last match happened last year with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Spence is a 31-year-old Mexican boxer.
- Spence’s last fight was with Danny Garcia last December.
- Pacquiao is an eight-division world champion.
Fill in the blanks:
- The Japan team won the final _______ in the taekwondo competition.
- He did not _______ from the game despite his personal problems.
- Raven lost his one leg from an _______.
- Kim is the leading _______ for the tennis competition.
- The organization _______ the new set of rules.