- Can you stay at school after classes end?
- Are elementary school students in your country required to be picked up by their parents?
- contact /KON-takt/
- pick up /PIK uhp/
- decision /dih-SIZH-uhn/
- disagree /dis-uh-GREE/
- zone /zohn/
[verb] – to communicate with someone by calling or sending them a letter, email, etc.
Please contact me once you’re home.
[phrasal verb] – to get or bring someone or something from somewhere
I’ll pick up the kids at 2:00 p.m.
[noun] – a choice that you make about something after thinking about several possibilities
The decision was already made yesterday.
[verb] – to not have the same opinion, idea, etc.
Mike disagrees with Joe’s suggestion about the trip.
[noun] – an area, esp. one that has different characteristics from the ones around it or is used for different purposes
Where is the parking zone?
True or False:
- The new policy was posted on the school’s official Twitter account.
- Parents can still pick up their children 30 minutes after the end of classes.
- The public school will contact only the police if parents do not follow the new rule.
- All parents agree to this decision.
- Drop-off zones are difficult to access after school due to heavy traffic.
Fill in the blanks:
- Even friends sometimes _______ with one another.
- Please _______ me through email.
- Can you _______ at 5:00 p.m.?
- Everyone is advised to leave the danger _______ immediately.
- His _______ to leave the group was accepted.