- What time do classes end at your school?
- Are you required to go home immediately after classes? Please tell me more about it.
- policy /POL-uh-see/
- disobey /dis-uh-BEY/
- arrangement /uh-REYNJ-muhnt/
- divided /dih-VAHY-did/
- measure /MEZH-er/
[noun] – a set of ideas or a plan for action followed by a business, a government, a political party, or a group of people
The library made a new policy for borrowing books.
[verb] – to refuse to do something that you are told to do
Traffic regulations must not be disobeyed at all costs.
[noun] – an agreement between two people or groups about how something happens or will happen
They made an arrangement to meet again on Friday.
[adjective] – split into two or more opposing groups who cannot agree
The results of the vote are divided.
[noun] – a way of achieving something, or a method for dealing with a situation
Preventive measures are designed to improve traffic safety.
The Queensland Teachers’ Union (QTU) and its department of education support the idea of the school’s course of action. “The job of a school is to provide education for students and school hours are really clear to parents,” QTU President Cresta Richardson said. However, parents’ opinions are divided on the matter. Some agree; others believe it is a drastic measure to a minor offense. Those who disagree argue that leaving their children on school premises an hour or so does not require the police to be involved. Drop-off zones can be difficult to access as well during school days due to traffic jams.
- According to a Queensland public school policy, until what time must parents pick their children up from school?
- What must parents do if they cannot pick their children up on time from school?
- When was the new policy announced?
- Who supports the idea of the public school’s new policy?
- Why do some parents disagree with the new regulation?
- Do you agree that the new policy is extreme for such a minor offense? Please share your thoughts about this.
- What other ways can the school do to encourage parents to pick their children up on time?
- How can schools ensure the safety of the children while within their premises?
- Is there a rule in your country about picking up children from schools? Please tell me more about it.
- What is the importance of picking up children from school on time?