- What is your favorite fruit?
- What is the most popular fruit in your country?
- creative /kree-EY-tiv/
- disease /dih-ZEEZ/
- function /FUHNGK-shuhn/
- prevent /pri-VENT/
- benefit /BEN-uh-fit/
[adjective] – producing or using original and unusual ideas
Furoshiki is a creative way to wrap gifts.
[noun] – an illness of people, animals, plants, etc., caused by infection or a failure of health
The old man died from heart disease.
[noun] – the way in which something works
Milk is good for bone function.
[verb] – to stop something from happening or someone from doing something
Washing your hands can prevent you from getting colds.
[noun] – a helpful or good effect
Exercising in the morning has many benefits.
1. It has more potassium than a banana
Avocado beats banana in the potassium game. According to the US Department of Agriculture, a 100-gram serving of avocado has 485 milligrams of potassium compared to a banana that has only 358 milligrams per 100 grams. Potassium is a mineral that moves nutrients into the cell according to the US Library of Medicine. It also helps fight high blood pressure as reported by the American Heart Association.
2. It is packed with good fats
Having too much bad cholesterol can result in diseases, luckily, avocados have good fats that can lower your bad cholesterol without affecting your good cholesterol.
3. It is rich in fiber
Fiber-rich foods can help you feel full, that is why it is perfect for anyone who wants to stay fit or get fit. Avocado has nearly seven grams of fiber per 100 grams according to the United States Department of Agriculture.
4. It is good for babies
An avocado has a type of vitamin B that is important for brain function and healthy pregnancies according to CNN nutrition contributor Lisa Dryer. The vitamin helps to prevent medical problems that can affect a baby’s brain and spine during the early weeks of pregnancy, based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Avocado is one of nature’s gifts to us. It is rich in benefits and can be prepared in many ways. It is the perfect fruit to add to your breakfast or dinner for a healthier lifestyle.
True or False:
- Avocado has more potassium than a banana.
- According to the US Library of Medicine, potassium helps fight high blood pressure.
- The good fats in avocado can help lower bad cholesterol in the body.
- Avocado has almost 10 grams of fiber according to the United States Department of Agriculture.
- You can find a type of vitamin B in avocados that is important for brain function.
Fill in the blanks:
- The lady could not walk because of her _______ .
- I have a ______ plan for art class today.
- Drinking lots of water has ______ for your skin.
- The _____ of the veins is to carry blood to the heart.
- Masks can help _____ the spread of COVID-19.