- What are some fruits you can find in the supermarket?
- What are some fruits that you do not like?
- contain /kuhn-TEYN/
- satisfied /SAT-is-fahyd/
- adequate /AD-i-kwit/
- effect /ih-FEKT/
- development /dih-VEL-uhp-muhnt/
[verb] – to have something inside or include something as a part
The box contains broken toys.
[adjective] – pleased because you have got what you wanted, or because something has happened in the way that you wanted
I am satisfied with my exam results this month.
[adjective] – enough for a particular purpose
We do not have adequate food for the trip.
[noun] – the result of a particular influence
Eating too much salty foods can have a negative effect on your body.
[noun] – the process in which someone or something grows or changes and becomes more advanced
The parents are concerned with their child’s development.
1. It has more potassium than a banana
Potassium is a mineral that helps to move nutrients to the cell as stated by the US National Library of Medicine and also helps lowers blood pressure according to the American Heart Association. A 100-gram serving of avocado contains 485 milligrams of potassium according to the US Department of Agriculture. A banana, on the other hand, has 358 milligrams per 100 grams.
2. It contains good fats
Avocados are packed with healthy fats that work to lower the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) without affecting the good cholesterol.
3. It is full of fiber
Fiber-rich foods keep you satisfied longer that is why avocado is the perfect fruit to include in a balanced diet.
4. It is good for babies
Adequate intake of folate, found in avocados, has a positive effect on a baby’s development in the early weeks of pregnancy. Folate is a B vitamin that is essential for brain function according to CNN nutrition contributor, Lisa Dryer. The National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements recommends pregnant women to increase their intake of the vitamin to 600 micrograms per day.
Avocado is a unique super food that is easy to add to every meal, and with its incredible health benefits, you would surely want to buy a bulk the next time you visit the grocery.
- What is the role of potassium?
- How much potassium does an avocado have?
- Why is avocado a perfect fruit to add to a balanced diet?
- Why are healthy fats good for the body?
- Why should pregnant women increase their folate intake?
- Which of the four benefits surprised you the most? Why?
- Which of the four benefits do you need the least? Why?
- Which of the four benefits would interest many people to buy avocado? Please explain your answer.
- How can you prepare avocado in four different ways?
- Describe avocado in your own words to encourage a person who does not like it to try the fruit.