- How many social media accounts do you have?
- Between Facebook and Instagram, which is more popular in your country?
- social networking /SOH-shul-NET-wur-king/
- post /pohst/
- gain /geyn/
- unworried /uhn-WUHR-eed/
- keep in touch /keep-in-tuhch/
[noun] – the use of websites and other internet services to communicate with other people and make friends
Information found on social networking sites is not always accurate.
[noun] – something such as a message or picture that you publish on a website or using social media
He already deleted his Facebook post that put his former friend to shame.
[verb] – to get something that is useful, that gives you an advantage, or that is in some way positive, especially over a period of time
I’m trying to gain weight to enter the competition.
[adjective] – not anxious or uneasy
She became unworried when her mom gave her advice.
[idiom] – to continue to talk to or write to someone
I always try to keep in touch with my childhood friends.
On Facebook, users can use the new setting from the “Settings & Privacy” area under News Feed Settings (or News Feed Preferences on desktop). From there, you will see an option to “Hide number of reactions”. And on Instagram, you can access this feature by going to the post you would want to hide the Like counts. From there you will see a set of three dots on the upper-right corner, which contains the “Hide Like Count” option.
In this unworried space, users can now keep in touch with friends without trying to gain popularity. After all, social media was created for users to stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues.
True or False:
- The number of hours spent on social networking sites has decreased due to the COVID-19 issue.
- Facebook and Instagram created an option for users to hide comments on their social media posts.
- The new option aims to restore user experience and prevent worries over social media posts.
- To use the new option on Facebook, users must go to the “Settings & Privacy” area under News Feed Settings.
- Social media was created for users to gain popularity.
Fill in the blanks:
|social networking||post||gain||unworried||keep in touch|
- You must delete that _______ before your mom sees it.
- Why do you seem _______ of your problems recently?
- Do you still _______ with your distant relatives?
- She _______ additional points for her detailed answer.
- Twitter is the only _______ site that I use.