©Jim Lo Scalzo via AP
- Are you in favor of vaccines? Why or why not?
- Why is research and development important?
- reserve /ri-ZURV/
- briefing /BREE-fing/
- expedite /EK-spi-dahyt/
- critical /KRIT-i-kuhl/
- prevention /pri-VEN-shuhn/
[verb] – to keep something for a particular purpose or time
The university has reserved a generous budget for scholars.
[noun] – information that is given to someone just before they do something, or a meeting where this happens
The department held a task briefing for its new prroject.
[verb] – to make something happen more quickly
The client asked to expedite the manufacturing process of the product.
[adjective] – saying that someone or something is bad or wrong
Zac’s dad is in critical condition due to a car accident.
[noun] – the act of stopping something from happening or of stopping someone from doing something
The organization is committed to prevention of high-risk diseases.
The currently available medicines from other pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer, Roche, and AstraZeneca have mostly been shown to help with the prevention from hospitalization and shortening of recovery time by several days. Recently, the US has also allowed antiviral medicine remdesivir, which has to be given only for COVID-19 patients at hospitals or medical clinics.
- How much budget has been reserved by the US government for the development of COVID-19 medicines?
- Who is the nation’s leading infectious disease expert who had a briefing about the said matter at the White House?
- When was the briefing held?
- According to the infectious disease expert, what pandemic-potentital diseases have treatments available already?
- What antiviral medicine has been recently allowed by the US government to use for COVID-19 patients in hospitals and clinics?
- Have you been vaccinated already? If yes, please tell me about it. If no, when are you planning to get one?
- How has your country been coping with the current pandemic?
- If you were to allocate a huge fund in a certain sector, what would it be and why?
- Are you in favor of allocating a huge budget for research and development?
- In your opinion, are all brands of COVID-19 vaccines have the same efficacy? Why or why not?