- Do you use Airbnb to book a hotel?
- Do you like traveling?
- demand /dih-MAND/
- despite /DIH-SPAHYT/
- region /REE-juhn/
- announce /uh-NOUNS/
- booking /BOOK-ing/
[noun] – a strong request
The workers’ demand is better work conditions.
[preposition] – without taking any notice of or being influenced by; not prevented by
I like him despite his faults.
[noun] – a particular area or part of the world, or any of the large official areas into which a country is divided
The region has become a magnet for small businesses.
[verb] – to make something known or tell people about something officially
It has been announced that Mr. A and Ms. B will be married next week.
[noun] – an arrangement you make to have a hotel room, tickets, etc. at a particular time in the future
We made the booking three months ago.
According to Chesky, people now have what they didn’t have a year or two ago. They have a lot of flexibility in terms of where they go, live, and work, and they’re beginning to take advantage of it. People, according to Chesky, are unable to let go of anything once they have it. Despite the lack of a complete reopening of cross-border travel, according to Chesky, travel activity has already returned to 2019 levels on Airbnb, a platform for locating and booking rooms in 220 countries and regions across the world.
Airbnb currently believes that flexibility will determine the future of travel. Among the more than 100 upgrades announced by the company to better serve both visitors and hosts are new ways to search and a simpler onboarding process for new listings. People are becoming more flexible in terms of where and when they travel, as well as staying in places for longer periods of time, according to the company. During a news conference on Monday, Chesky stated that more than a quarter of bookings in the first quarter of 2021 were for stays of 28 days or longer.
True or False:
- Brian Chesking is Airbnb’s CEO.
- People have had limited movements for more than a year.
- Airbnb is a platform for locating and booking rooms in 220 countries and regions across the world.
- Airbnb has made 100 upgrades in its services.
- People are becoming more flexible in terms of where and when they travel.
Fill in the blanks:
- Can I make a __________ for Friday afternoon?
- They explored this desert __________ in 1999.
- Cold drinks are in __________ in the summer.
- They had a wonderful holiday __________ the bad weather.
- Would you __________ the guests as they come in?