- anticipate /an-TIS-uh-peyt/
- outbreak /OUT-breyk/
- accomplish /uh-KOM-plish/
- incorporate /in-KAWR-puh-reyt/
- platform /PLAT-fawrm/
[verb] – to imagine or expect that something will happen
We anticipate that sales will rise next year.
[noun] – a time when something suddenly begins, especially a disease or something else dangerous or unpleasant
The area was struck by an outbreak of cholera.
[verb] – to finish something successfully or to achieve something
You should accomplish the task within the allotted time.
[verb] – to include something as part of something larger
The new cars will incorporate a number of major improvements.
[noun] – the type of computer system or smartphone you are using, in relation to the type of software (= computer programs) you can use on it
Any Windows platform can run this new personal banking app.
Chesky also added that people now have what they didn’t have a year or two ago. They have a lot of freedom in terms of where they go, live, and work, and they’re starting to incorporate all of that. Chesky believes that once individuals have something, they are unwilling to give it up. Despite the lack of a complete reopening of cross-border travel, Airbnb, a platform for locating and reserving lodgings in 220 countries and regions around the world, has already seen travel activity return to 2019 levels, according to Chesky.
Airbnb is now betting that flexibility is key to the future of travel. The company announced more than 100 changes and upgrades to its service to better cater to both guests and hosts, including new ways to search and a simplified onboarding process for new listings. People are becoming more flexible in terms of where and when they travel, as well as staying in places for longer periods of time, according to the business. During a press conference on Monday, Chesky stated that over a quarter of bookings in the first quarter of 2021 were for stays of 28 days or more.
- Have you tried using Airbnb?
- When was the last time you traveled? Please tell me more about it.
- If you were to decide, would you like to have a vacation while working? Why or why not?
- Do you agree with the idea that most of what employees used to accomplish at work can now be done online?
- What do you think about the changes that Airbnb has made to its services? Please explain your answer.