I will read each question. Then, please answer them.
- Do you like traveling?
- Have you been to China?
I will read the words, meanings, and sample sentences. Then, repeat after me.
- panda /PAN-duh/
[noun] – a large, black and white mammal that lives in forests in China.
The panda is now a rare animal.
- capital /KAP-i-tl/
[noun] – a city that is the center of government of a country or smaller political area
Cairo is the capital of Egypt.
- firm /furm/
[noun] – a company offering a professional service, for example a company of lawyers
Most employees of the firm are from China.
- access /AK-ses/
[noun] – the method or possibility of getting near to a place or person
The police gained access through a broken window.
- software /SAWFT-WAIR/
[noun] – the programs that you put into a computer to make it do particular jobs
The software is still at the test stage.
Please read the whole article. Then, I will check your pronunciation and intonation.
The Chengdu Tianfu International Airport has officially opened, providing travelers with a new way to see the world’s largest panda habitat. Sichuan Airlines’ first flight, scheduled for Beijing, took off at 11:10 a.m. on June 27, 2021. Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province, has become the country’s third city with two international airports, after Shanghai and Beijing. The China Southwest Architectural Design and Research Institute, China Airport Construction Group Corporation, and ADP Ingenierie, a French architectural firm, collaborated on the new Chengdu Tianfu International Airport.The vast aviation hub’s first phase, which may cost around 70 billion Chinese yuan ($10.8 billion), will be able to accommodate up to 60 million people each year, greatly increasing access to the country’s southwest region. Phase one, which took five years to create, includes advanced technology such as face recognition software, self-check-in booths, smart security systems, self-boarding gates, and artificial intelligence robot attendants. Three runways and two terminals, with a total area of 710,000 square meters, are in use.
True or False:
Read the sentences and identify if they are true or false based on the article.
- Sichuan Airlines’ first flight took off at 11:10 a.m. on June 27, 2021.
- Sichuan province has become the country’s third city with two international airports.
- The vast aviation hub’s first phase will cost around 70 billion Chinese yuan ($10.8 billion).
- Phase one took five years to be created.
- Phase one includes advanced technology.
Fill in the blanks:
Choose the correct word from the table then fill in the blanks.
- Madrid is the __________ of Spain.
- Our __________ is no longer competitive in world markets.
- The __________ will run on any PC.
- The only __________ to the farmhouse is across the fields.
- The giant __________ is an endangered species.