©Philippe Bosse via Netflix
- What is your favorite movie?
- Who is your favorite actor/actress?
- star /stahr/
- show off /SHOH-awf/
- crush /kruhsh/
- demanding /dih-MAN-ding/
- pun /puhn/
[verb] – if a film, play, etc. stars someone, or if someone stars in a film, play, etc., they are the main actor in it
“Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” stars Rachel Zegler as the main character.
[phrasal verb] – to behave in a way that is intended to attract attention or admiration, and that other people often find annoying
Kevin showed off his impressive dancing skills to the whole campus.
[verb] – to upset or shock someone badly
She was extremely crushed by her husband’s death.
[adjective] – needing a lot of time, attention, or energy
Learning the English language could be demanding for him.
[noun] – a humorous use of a word or phrase that has several meanings or that sounds like another word
The stand-up comedian is famous for his witty and hilarious puns.
The film begins at the funeral of Matt’s wife, Liz (Deborah Ayorinde), who died of a pulmonary disease after giving birth to their daughter, Maddy (Melody Hurd). Crushed by the recent events, Matt declined the request of Liz’s mother, Marian (Alfre Woodard), to take charge of taking care of their daughter in Minnesota. Matt insisted on raising Maddy by himself while working on a demanding job. Matt’s friends, Jordan and Oscar, played by Lil Rel Howery and Anthony Carrigan, were to the rescue for some parenting assistance to Maddy. The movie presents a stir of emotions—from the pain of Liz’s loss, the questions about Matt’s parenting capabilities, to some visual puns like putting the diaper genie under a toy basketball hoop.
In this rollercoaster film, Hart joins a number of comedic actors who have experimented with dramatic acting, showing his emotional side not regularly similar to the likes of his previous famous comedy films and shows.
- Who is the main star of the Netflix film “Fatherhood”?
- On what 2011 book is the film based?
- How did the film’s story begin?
- What did the main character, Matt, decline from her mother-in-law?
- When was the film released on Netflix?
- What is your favorite movie on Netflix? Please tell me something about it.
- Do you like watching dramatic movies? Why or why not?
- If you were to produce/direct a film based on a book, what would it be?
- Should more artists try other types of projects aside from their expertise?
- What is your impression of the movie “Fatherhood” after reading the article?