- What was the last music festival you attended?
- Do you watch online concerts nowadays? Could you tell me more about it?
- effective /ih-FEK-tiv/
- existence /ig-ZIs-tuhns/
- virtual /VUR-choo-uhl/
- interact /in-ter-AKT/
- regard /ri-GAHRD/
[adjective] – successful or achieving the results that you want
This car polish is an effective shield against rust.
[noun] – the fact of something or someone existing
The company that they started is still in existence today.
[adjective] – created by computer technology and appearing to exist but not existing in the physical world
You can take a virtual tour of the place before your visit.
[verb] – to communicate with or react to
Observe how the people in the group interact.
[verb] – to consider or have an opinion about something or someone
Do you really regard that explanation as sufficient?
Before any of the restrictions went into existence, Sam Divine, a natural performer with a strong passion to perform music for people all around the world, DJed at the Defected Virtual Festival, which was held in a London megaclub without a crowd. She described being alone at the Ministry of Sound with only the techs, lighting men, and a few dancers as unusual, but also special.
Sam was pushed to DJ in her living room just days after the event due to the restriction. She tested a few various streaming platforms before landing on Twitch, which allowed her to interact with her audience. She claimed that the number of people watching their favorite DJs [during livestreams] in one chat room was overwhelming. From all across the world, the community came together and supported one another. Sam regarded it as “amazing” and indicated that once the Covid restrictions were gone, she would not turn off the streaming.
- According to the article, who enjoys going to concerts?
- According to the article, what is an effective way to fill in the gaps when in-person live events are canceled?
- How did Sam Divine describe being alone at the Ministry of Sound with only the techs, lighting men, and a few dancers?
- What did Sam do before using Twitch?
- Would Sam turn off streaming if Covid restrictions were gone?
- Have you already gone to a music festival?
- Do you know someone who is a DJ? Could you tell me about him/her?
- If you were a DJ, would you also join a platform like Twitch?
- Do you agree with Sam’s idea that there is something special about a virtual music festival?
- In your opinion, would this type of activity still exist if Covid restrictions were lifted? Why do you think so?