- sector /SEk-ter /
- restriction /ri-STRIK-shuhn/
- go into /goh in-too/
- interaction /in-ter-AK-shuhn/
- live stream /LAHYV streem/
[noun] – a part of society that can be separated from other parts because of its own special character
The private sector, by contrast, has plenty of money to spend.
[noun] – an official limit on something
The park is open to the public without restriction.
[verb phrase ] – to start an activity, or start to be in a particular state or condition
She wants to go into teaching.
[noun] – an occasion when two or more people or things communicate with or react to each other
There’s not enough interaction between the management and the workers.
[noun] – a broadcast of the video and sound of an event over the internet as it happens
You can watch a live stream of the event from our website.
Sam Divine, a natural performer with a strong passion to perform music for people all around the world, DJed at the Defected Virtual Festival, which took place in a London megaclub – without a crowd – before all the restrictions went into effect. She said that being alone in the Ministry of Sound with only the tech people, lighting guys, and a few dancers was strange, but that there was something special about it as well.
The restriction meant Sam had to DJ in her living room just days after the event. She tried out a few different streaming services before settling on Twitch, which allowed for some fan interaction. She said that the number of people in one chat room watching their favorite DJs [during live streams] was insane. The community joined together and supported each other from all around the world. Sam described it as “wonderful” and stated that he would not be turning off the streaming once the Covid restrictions were lifted.
- Have you already gone to a music festival?
- Do you know someone who is a DJ? Could you tell me about him/her?
- If you were a DJ, would you also join a platform like Twitch?
- Do you agree with Sam’s idea that there is something special about a virtual music festival?
- In your opinion, would this type of activity still exist if Covid restrictions were lifted? Why do you think so?
- tech people
- chat room