©Elijah Nouvelage / Bloomberg / Getty Images via CNN
- What is the best gift you have received?
- Do you enjoy giving gifts?
- missing /MIS-ing/
- former /FAWR-mer/
- cost /kawst/
- expert /EK-spurt/
- punish /PUHN-ish/
[adjective] – something that is missing cannot be found because it is not where it should be
My grandmother’s gold ring has been missing for days.
[adjective] – of or in an earlier time; before the present time or in the past
My sister was a former university professor.
[verb] – If something costs an amount of money, you must pay that amount to buy or do it
The box of chocolates costs only $4.
[noun] – a person with a high level of knowledge or skill relating to a particular subject or activity
The food expert spent all his day at different restaurants in town.
[verb] – to cause someone who has done something wrong or committed a crime to suffer, by hurting them, forcing them to pay money, sending them to prison, etc
His dad punished him for breaking the car.
True or False:
- The U.S. is searching for a missing bottle of Japanese whiskey.
- The gift was given to a former Secretary of State.
- It is clear that Pompeo received the gift himself.
- Employees who accept gifts worth more than $390 would be punished.
- Pompeo said that the gift never got to him.
Fill in the blanks:
- She was a ______ teacher.
- We are busy looking for a ________ cat.
- He ______ the child by not allowing him to play video games.
- This delicious meal ______ only $6.
- My sister is an ______ in cooking.