- What do you think of skateboarding? Please explain your answer.
- What sport are you good at?
- current /KUR-uhnt/
- trip /trip/
- struggle /STRUHG-uhl/
- crucial /KROO-shuhl/
- nail-biting /NEYL-bahy-ting/
[adjective] – of the present time
The current situation is very frustrating for us.
[verb] – to lose your balance after knocking your foot against something when you are walking or running, or to cause someone to do this
That cable is dangerous. Someone might trip over it.
[verb] – to experience difficulty and make a very great effort in order to do something
They were poor and had to struggle for a living.
[adjective] – extremely important or necessary
She broke into the conversation at a crucial moment.
[adjective] – causing great anxiety or tension
It was a nail-biting final game.
Horigome also upset the sport’s most famous figure and current world number one, Nyjah Huston, who tripped in the scorching heat and placed seventh out of eight participants. In scorching temperatures in Tokyo’s Koto City, Horigome, 22, struggled on his early runs, but found his composure at the crucial moment, landing four of the five final tricks and earning 9.50 on his penultimate run. Skateboarding, which has its origins in youth culture, has been frowned upon in Japan at times, but that may change now that the hometown hero has won in a nail-biting final.
- Who won the first-ever gold medal in the 2021 Tokyo Olympics in skateboarding?
- According to the article, how did Horigome wave the Japanese flag?
- Who tripped in the scorching heat and placed seventh out of eight participants.
- How old is Horigome?
- What has been frowned upon in Japan at times?
- Do you like watching the Olympic games?
- Who is your favorite athlete?
- What would you feel if you were given a chance to represent your country as an athlete in the Olympic games?
- Do you agree that skateboarding will be more famous in Japan after Yuto Horigome won the gold medal?
- Why do you think skateboarding was added to the Olympics?